Two Models Available
Maxstar 280 - Base model provides essential TIG and Stick functions and provides operator-friendly, menu-driven features.
Maxstar 280 DX - The DX model adds extended ranges to sequencer and full trigger options, preflow and pulser functions.
Upgradeable and Expandable
- Front panel memory card data port provides the ability to easily upgrade software and expand product features. Visit MillerWelds.com/tigsoftware for the latest software upgrades and expansions.
Auto-Line Power Management Technology
- Allows hookup to either single-phase or three-phase electrical input from 208-575 V with no manual linking, providing convenience in any job setting. An ideal solution for dirty or unreliable input power.
Stick Features (DC)
- Tailored arc control (DIG) allows the arc characteristic to be changed for specific applications and electrodes. Smooth running 7018 or stiffer, more penetrating 6010.
- Hot Start adaptive control provides positive arc starts without sticking.
- Stick-Stuck detects if the electrode is stuck to the part and turns the welding output off to safely and easily remove the electrode. Menu selectable.
Portable with adjustable shoulder strap
- Weighing in at just 47 pounds, the Maxstar 280 is extremely portable and easy to transport featuring dual carry handles and a carrying strap.
- Digital meters can be calibrated to a standard device for certification.
Pro-Set Feature (professional settings)
- This feature eliminates the guesswork when setting weld parameters. Use Pro-Set when you want the speed, convenience and confidence of pre-set controls. Simply select the feature and adjust until Pro-Set appears on the display. The Pro-Set feature is available for Pulse and DIG parameters.
WP-280 TIG Torch
- Two-piece torch head and exclusive Super Cool Technology provides additional surface area to increase cooling efficiency and capacity
- Torch body includes an anti-rotation feature and multi-position locking to prevent handle movement during welding and improve operator control
- Mechanical fittings provide a secure gas and water connection to prevent leakage and allow easy hose replacement
Included with Product
Maxstar 280 DX power source
Quick Reference Guide (English)
Adjustable shoulder strap
8 ft (2.4 m) primary cord
(2) Dinse 50-mm connectors
Description Black Stallion's best-selling TIG welding glove is new and improved with added protection and comfort features. Features & Benefit...View full details
Description Blue Demon 14" TIG Rod Storage Tubes are an easy way to store and organize all of your filler metals properly. 1/8" nominal wall thick...View full details
Original price $294.67Current price $229.96
Description Miller Low Conductivity Antifreeze/Coolant - contains a base of ethylene glycol and deionized water to protect against freezing or boil...View full details
Original price $1,133.00Current price $885.50
Description Wireless foot control 301580 (previously part number 300429) improves productivity and maneuverability by eliminating cord tangles. Red...View full details
Description Miller Classic jacket is designed to endure everyday industrial use. 9-ounce flame resistant navy cotton Pre-shrunk fabric eliminate...View full details
Original price $671.00Current price $549.00
Description Now featuring Optrel's best-in-class Crystal Lens Technology. Optrel presents the most advanced and ergonomically optimal helmet to dat...View full details
Description Weldcraft 2% Ceriated Tungsten Electrode A line of premium tungsten for the most demanding TIG welding applications. Available in fiv...View full details
from Original price $11.79from $11.20
Description A line of premium tungsten for the most demanding TIG welding applications. Available in seven types and five industry-standard diamete...View full details