1.5% Lanthanated Tungsten provides excellent arc starting, arc stability, and re-ignition. It is also less prone to tip wear.
- 1.5% Lanthanated (Gold)
- Principal Oxide: 1.3 –1.7% Lanthanum Oxide
- Non-Radioactive - best for use in Direct Current (D/C) as an alternative to 2% Thoriated using inverter- or transformer-based constant current power sources
- Best for: non-corroding steels, titanium alloys, nickel alloys, copper alloys
- Best D/C arc starts and stability; low erosion rate; wide amperage range; no spitting
- Composed of 97.8% Tungsten, 1.3%-1.7% Lanthanum, and .5% other
- Materials Welded: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloy, and Titanium