Two Models Available
Maxstar 280 - Base model provides essential TIG and Stick functions and provides operator-friendly, menu-driven features.
Maxstar 280 DX - The DX model adds extended ranges to sequencer and full trigger options, preflow and pulser functions.
Upgradeable and Expandable
Front panel memory card data port provides the ability to easily upgrade software and expand product features. Visit MillerWelds.com/tigsoftware for the latest software upgrades and expansions.
Auto-Line Power Management Technology
- Allows hookup to either single-phase or three-phase electrical input from 208-575 V with no manual linking, providing convenience in any job setting. An ideal solution for dirty or unreliable input power.
Stick Features (DC)
- Tailored arc control (DIG) allows the arc characteristic to be changed for specific applications and electrodes. Smooth running 7018 or stiffer, more penetrating 6010.
- Hot Start adaptive control provides positive arc starts without sticking.
- Stick-Stuck detects if the electrode is stuck to the part and turns the welding output off to safely and easily remove the electrode. Menu selectable.
Portable with adjustable shoulder strap
- Weighing in at just 47 pounds, the Maxstar 280 is extremely portable and easy to transport featuring dual carry handles and a carrying strap.
- Digital meters can be calibrated to a standard device for certification.
Pro-Set Feature (professional settings)
- This feature eliminates the guesswork when setting weld parameters. Use Pro-Set when you want the speed, convenience and confidence of pre-set controls. Simply select the feature and adjust until Pro-Set appears on the display. The Pro-Set feature is available for Pulse and DIG parameters.
WP-280 TIG Torch
- Two-piece torch head and exclusive Super Cool Technology provides additional surface area to increase cooling efficiency and capacity
- Torch body includes an anti-rotation feature and multi-position locking to prevent handle movement during welding and improve operator control
- Mechanical fittings provide a secure gas and water connection to prevent leakage and allow easy hose replacement
Included with Product
Maxstar 280 power source
Quick Reference Guide (English)
Adjustable shoulder strap
8 ft (2.4 m) primary cord
(2) Dinse 50-mm connectors
Small Runner Cart
Description Black Stallion's best-selling TIG welding glove is new and improved with added protection and comfort features. Features & Benefit...View full details
Description Blue Demon 14" TIG Rod Storage Tubes are an easy way to store and organize all of your filler metals properly. 1/8" nominal wall thick...View full details
Description Miller Low Conductivity Antifreeze/Coolant - contains a base of ethylene glycol and deionized water to protect against freezing or boil...View full details
Original price $1,236.00Current price $1,001.00
Description Miller Coolmate 1.3 is a 1.3 gallon capacity cooler designed for water-cooled TIG torches up to 280 amps. The design allows for stackin...View full details
Description Designed to accommodate Dynasty or Maxstar 280 power sources and a Coolmate 1.3 cooler. Cart features single cylinder rack, foot pedal...View full details
Original price $1,030.00Current price $804.00
Description Wireless foot control 301580 (previously part number 300429) improves productivity and maneuverability by eliminating cord tangles. Red...View full details
Description North/south rotary-motion fingertip current and contactor control attaches to TIG torch using two hook-and-loop fasteners. Great for a...View full details
Description Miller Classic jacket is designed to endure everyday industrial use. 9-ounce flame resistant navy cotton Pre-shrunk fabric eliminate...View full details
Description The Kit Includes: Weldcraft 150 Amp Air-Cooled TIG Torch RCCS-14 Fingertip Control 200-Amp Stick Electrode Holder with 15 Foot Cable 3...View full details
Description Weldcraft 280 amp Water-Cooled TIG torch package. Includes all the needed items to connect and TIG weld with your water cooled TIG mach...View full details
Description14-Pin automation expansion provides the ability to access common automation functions through the 14-pin connection.
Original price $593.00Current price $470.00
Description Heavy-duty foot pedal current and contactor control provides increased stability and durability. Reconfigurable cord can exit the fron...View full details
Description Miller TIG/Stick Contractor Kit with RFCS-14HD remote foot control is a 150 amp, ALL-IN-ONE Air-cooled TIG/Stick welding accessory kit ...View full details
Description For Maxstar 200 and 350, Dynasty 200 and 350, and Syncrowave 250 and 350. 50 mm International-style with water return line for (WP 125,...View full details
Original price $639.00Current price $495.00
Description Now featuring Optrel's best-in-class Crystal Lens Technology. Optrel presents the most advanced and ergonomically optimal helmet to dat...View full details
Description A line of premium tungsten for the most demanding TIG welding applications. Available in five types and five industry-standard diameter...View full details
Description A line of premium tungsten for the most demanding TIG welding applications. Available in seven types and five industry-standard diamete...View full details