Two Models Available
- Maxstar 280 - Base model provides essential TIG and Stick functions and provides operator-friendly, menu-driven features.
- Maxstar 280 DX - The DX model adds extended ranges to sequencer and full trigger options, preflow and pulser functions.
Upgradeable and Expandable
- Front panel memory card data port provides the ability to easily upgrade software and expand product features. Visit MillerWelds.com/tigsoftware for the latest software upgrades and expansions.
Auto-Line Power Management Technology
- Allows hookup to either single-phase or three-phase electrical input from 208-575 V with no manual linking, providing convenience in any job setting. An ideal solution for dirty or unreliable input power.
Stick Features (DC)
- Tailored arc control (DIG) allows the arc characteristic to be changed for specific applications and electrodes. Smooth running 7018 or stiffer, more penetrating 6010.
- Hot Start adaptive control provides positive arc starts without sticking.
- Stick-Stuck detects if the electrode is stuck to the part and turns the welding output off to safely and easily remove the electrode. Menu selectable.
Portable with adjustable shoulder strap
- Weighing in at just 47 pounds, the Maxstar 280 is extremely portable and easy to transport featuring dual carry handles and a carrying strap.
Digital meters can be calibrated to a standard device for certification.
Pro-Set Feature (professional settings)
- This feature eliminates the guesswork when setting weld parameters. Use Pro-Set when you want the speed, convenience and confidence of pre-set controls. Simply select the feature and adjust until Pro-Set appears on the display. The Pro-Set feature is available for Pulse and DIG parameters.
WP-280 TIG Torch
- Two-piece torch head and exclusive Super Coolí» Technology provides additional surface area to increase cooling efficiency and capacity
- Torch body includes an anti-rotation feature and multi-position locking to prevent handle movement during welding and improve operator control
- Mechanical fittings provide a secure gas and water connection to prevent leakage and allow easy hose replacement
Included with Product
Maxstar 280 DX power source
Quick Reference Guide (English)
Adjustable shoulder strap
8 ft (2.4 m) primary cord
(2) Dinse 50-mm connectors
Description Weldcraft 280 amp Water-Cooled TIG torch package. Includes all the needed items to connect and TIG weld with your water cooled TIG mach...View full details
Original price $91.20Current price $88.66
DescriptionThis durable cover is made of flame and tear resistant material with a mildew resistant odor-free barrier. It is also waterproof to main...View full details
Original price $472.43Current price $451.29
Description Heavy-duty foot pedal current and contactor control provides increased stability and durability. Reconfigurable cord can exit the fron...View full details
Original price $1,262.91Current price $1,123.90
Description Miller TIG/Stick Contractor Kit with RFCS-14HD remote foot control is a 150 amp, ALL-IN-ONE Air-cooled TIG/Stick welding accessory kit ...View full details
Original price $96.22Current price $81.09
Description For Maxstar 200 and 350, Dynasty 200 and 350, and Syncrowave 250 and 350. 50 mm International-style with water return line for (WP 125,...View full details