- Immediate Productivity with Built-in Pulsed MIG Programs. The AlumaFeeds built-in Pulsed MIG programs automatically set the optimal parameters for the most commonly used aluminum alloys, such as 4000 and 5000 Series, with wire diameters up to 1/16 inch for high-deposition applications. The AlumaFeed System provides everything needed for increased productivity.
- True push-pull wire feed system. Slave/torque motor ensures smooth, consistent feeding and improved arc performance, while reducing the problems normally associated with feeding aluminum.
- Profile Pulse Achieve stacked dimeí_ weld bead appearance without stepping.
- Synergic welding mode offers the simplicity of single knob control. The machine will select the correct voltage and amperage based on the wire feed speed (WFS) set by the operator.
- Begin and End Welds with Ease and Confidence. Hot Start reduces incomplete fusion at the beginning of a weld, a common issue with aluminum welding. Crater gradually decreases weld current at the end of a weld to reduce crater defects. Adjustable pre- and post-flow rates ensure that the puddle always has adequate gas coverage.
- Superior Puddle and Bead Control with SharpArc. SharpArc controls the arc in Pulsed MIG mode and gives total control over the arc cone shape, puddle fluidity and bead profile. A simple turn of the dial adjusts SharpArc settings, from a wider arc cone with increased fluidity and flatter bead profile to a stiffer puddle with narrower bead.
- Parameter and system lock provides three levels of protection to prevent accidental modification of welding parameters or manipulation of setup menu items.
AlumaPower 350 MPa Power Supply Features:
- Auto-Line Power Management Technology allows for any input voltage hook-up (208/575 V) with no manual linking required, providing convenience in any job setting. Ideal solution for dirty or unreliable input power.
- Fan-On-Demand cooling system operates only when needed, reducing noise, energy use and the amount of contaminants pulled through machine.
- Inverter arc control technology provides greater puddle control for outstanding MIG weld performance.
- Easy setup for MIG and Pulsed MIG applications.
XR-AlumaFeed Wire Feeder Features:
- Compatible with either the XR-Aluma-Pro OR XR-Pistol Grip push-pull welding gun.
- Trigger schedule select (SCHD) allows the operator to select the alternative schedule by quickly tapping the gun trigger when not welding. Useful when switching between two welding parameters is needed.
- Advanced trigger provides trigger interlockí_ capability and the ability to control the amount of time spent in the arc start and arc crater steps.
- Standard integrated flowmeter helps to regulate and maintain proper gas flow rate. Helpful when feeder is located long distances from gas supply. Helps ensure weld quality.
- Improved gun connection uses a bushing that captures the power end of gun to ensure correct alignment to drive rolls and provides exceptional ruggedness and durability.