The Miller AlumaFeed 350 with XR-Pistol 30 ft. Air-Cooled Push-Pull Gun is a 425 amp MIG welding package that is specifically designed for pulsed MIG welding of aluminum. The XR-AlumaFeed wire feeder and AlumaPower 350 MPa produce aluminum MIG welds that rival the quality and appearance of TIG welds. Built-in MIG and pulsed MIG welding programs allow for easy set up of weld parameters for a variety of welding wires. (Built-in Pulsed MIG programs are available for aluminum MIG wire ONLY)
- MIG (GMAW)
- Pulsed MIG (GMAW-P)
- Synergic Pulsed MIG
- Immediate Productivity with Built-in Pulsed MIG Programs. The AlumaFeed's built-in Pulsed MIG programs automatically set the optimal parameters for the most commonly used aluminum alloys, such as 4000 and 5000 Series, with wire diameters up to 1/16 inch for high-deposition applications. The AlumaFeed™ System provides everything needed for increased productivity.
- Ultra portable and versatile. The pistol grip design of the XR-Pistol torch makes the gun easier to grasp and hold. Coupled with the XR-AlumaFeed feeder and the AlumaPower™ 350 MPa synergic power supply it has the features for all of your aluminum fabrication needs.
- True push-pull wire feed system ensures smooth, consistent feeding and improved arc performance, while reducing the problems normally associated with feeding aluminum.
- Profile Pulse Achieve stacked dime weld bead appearance without back-stepping.
- Synergic welding mode offers the simplicity of single knob control. The machine will select the correct voltage and amperage based on the wire feed speed (WFS) set by the operator.
- Begin and End Welds with Ease and Confidence. Hot Start reduces incomplete fusion at the beginning of a weld, a common issue with aluminum welding. Crater gradually decreases weld current at the end of a weld to reduce crater defects. Adjustable pre- and post-flow rates ensure that the puddle always has adequate gas coverage
- Superior Puddle and Bead Control with SharpArc. SharpArc controls the arc in Pulsed MIG mode and gives total control over the arc cone shape, puddle fluidity and bead profile. A simple turn of the dial adjusts SharpArc settings, from a wider arc cone with increased fluidity and flatter bead profile to a stiffer puddle with narrower bead.
- Parameter and system lock provides three levels of protection to prevent accidental modification of welding parameters or manipulation of setup menu items.
Included with Product
- AlumaPower 350 MPA
- XR-AlumaFeed Feeder
- XR-A Pistol with 30 ft Lead
- Fun and feeder drive rolls for .035" - 3/64" wire
- 3 x Fastip Contact Tips for both .035" and 3/64" Aluminum Wire