DescriptionPRX Liquid Fire Suppressant is a specially-formulated, aqueous solutionof inorganic salts. The agent is pre-mixed, eliminating the need for dilutionbefore system charging. When used as an extinguishing agent, itwill produce no toxic by-products.
- When used in the PIRANHA restaurant system, PRX Liquid FireSuppressant is extremely effective on fires in restaurant ventilatingequipment hoods and ductwork, as well as in a variety of cookingappliances deep-fat fryers, griddles, range tops, and all types of broilersand char-broilers.
As the agent is sprayed in fine droplets (atomized) onto an appliancegrease fire, it provides excellent flame knock-down, surface-cooling, andfire-securing capabilities.
When the agent is applied, it initially forms a layer of foam on thesurface of the grease, which prevents oxygen from reaching the fuel butallows steam to escape to promote cooling. When the subsequent waterspray is applied by the PIRANHA system, this foam layer is continuallyrenewed by interaction with the water. Extremely rapid cooling results.Post-fire cleanup can be readily accomplished by flushing the area withwater or steam.
Because of the composition of PRX Liquid Fire Suppressant, it iscompatible with metals commonly found in restaurant kitchen environments(i.e., stainless steel, aluminum, galvanized metal, mild steel,copper and brass).
- Fast Flame Knock-Down and Securement of Grease-Related Fires
- Provides a Cooling Effect Which Further Enhances Its Ability to prevent reflash
- Designed for a Wide Variety of Restaurant Hazards
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (ULI) and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) as Part of the PIRANHA Restaurant System
- Ease of Recharge and Post-Fire Cleanup
- PRX Liquid Fire Suppressant is designed for use only in PIRANHArestaurant fire suppression systems. This __liquid agent will combatgrease-related fires as found in restaurant appliances and ventilatingequipment. It should not be used for fires involving energized electricalhazards.