- Ansul _Purple-K may be used to combatfires in flammable liquids, gases and greases(Class B) including such fires wheninvolved with energized electrical equipment(Class C). Because of its excellent fire fightingeffectiveness, _Purple-K is widely usedin the petroleum industry and in other areaswhere the fire risk is high._Purple-K is available in hand portable andwheeled extinguishers, large stationaryunits, mobile units and various fixed nozzlepiped systems.
- _Purple-K is one of the most effective of theAnsul dry chemicals against Class B fires. Itis a potassium bicarbonate based dry chemicalcontaining chemical additives, and isproduced by an exclusive Ansul chemicalprocess. The resultant agent is free-flowing,water repellant, non-abrasive and, whenused as a fire extinguishing agent, will produceno toxic effects. _Purple-K is violet incolor to differentiate it from the other drychemical agents.Post fire cleanup of _Purple-K can be readilyaccomplished using a vacuum cleaner or abroom and dust pan.
- _Purple-K is extremely effective againstClass B fires, and has been shown to be atleast 4 to 5 times as effective in extinguisherapplications as carbon dioxide, and morethan twice as effective as sodium bicarbonatebased extinguishants. Various extinguisherswill operate at temperatures as lowas -65 ¡;F and as high as 120 ¡;F (-54 ¡;C and49 ¡;C).
Caution: Never mix _Purple-K with phosphatebased dry chemicals. A chemical reactionthat is harmful to the extinguisher willtake place.
- _Purple-K is available in fifty pound pails(Part No. 9335). Refill services are availablefrom your local Ansul distributor.
- Nationally recognized testing laboratoriesgrant an approval or listing for the combinationof an extinguisher and its agent.Numerous types and sizes of approved orlisted _Purple-K extinguishers are available.Following discharge, these extinguishers areto be refilled only with the original agent, asspecified on the nameplate. This agentmeets specifications of agencies of the U.S.and Canadian governments.