- ANSUL FORAY may be used to combat fires in ordinary combustiblematerials such as wood, cloth, paper, rubber and many plastics (ClassA) as well as fires in flammable liquids, gases and greases (Class B)and fires involving energized electrical equipment (Class C). FORAY isof particular value on combination fires (Class A and B together) and onClass A fires at temperatures which would freeze water. A typical applicationis the heavy equipment used in the logging industry.
FORAY is available in hand portable and wheeled extinguishers, largestationary units, mobile units and various fixed nozzle piped systems.
- FORAY is the only one of ANSULs dry chemicals that provides Class Afire extinguishment. It is a monoammonium phosphate based dry chemicalcontaining chemical additives, and produced by an exclusive ANSULchemical process. The resultant agent is free-flowing, water repellant,non-abrasive, and when used as a fire extinguishing agent will produceno toxic effects. FORAY is yellow in color to differentiate it from the otherdry chemical agents.
Moisture may combine with monoammonium phosphate based agentsin post fire situations to produce mild corrosion. Because of this, promptcleanup is recommended. If the agent cannot be readily swept up, warmwater may be used as a solvent.
- Monoammonium phosphate based extinguishants are unique among drychemicals because of their __A rating. ANSUL FORAY is at least 4 to 5times as effective as an equal weight of water on Class A fires. Varioutinguishers will operate at temperatures as low as 65 ¬°;F and as highas 120 ¬°;F (54 ¬°;C and 49 ¬°;C).
Caution: Never mix FORAY with bicarbonate based dry chemicals. Achemical reaction that is harmful to the extinguisher will take place.
ANSUL FORAY is available in:
- 53080 45 lb (20.4 kg) Pail
- 415788 45 lb (20.4 kg) Pail (Tech Grade)
- Refill services are available from your local ANSUL distributor.Nationally recognized testing laboratories grant an approval or listing forthe combination of an extinguisher and its agent. Numerous types andsizes of approved or listed FORAY extinguishers are available. Followingdischarge, these extinguishers are to be refilled only with the originalagent, as specified on the nameplate. This agent meets specifications ofagencies of the U.S. and Canadian governments.
45 lb. Pail, 36/pallet