The comfort of the Speedglas 9100 helmet is the result of extensive research and development processes. We consulted with international experts in ergonomics and anatomy to ensure that we would produce the most comfortable and protective welding helmet ever.
Professional welders marvel at the stability and balance of the helmet in all positions - up, down or anywhere in between, the new pivot location keeps leveraged forces to a minimum. With our new patented head suspension we avoid pressure on vulnerable nerves, arteries and acupressure points; areas that might cause pain or discomfort if they are set under pressure for a period of time.
Welders are delighted to see all the filter options: A grinding shade 3. Gas welding shade 5. Micro-plasma welding shade 8. Arc welding shades 9 through 13. Sensitivity settings for normal welding to low-amp inverter TIG welding, and even low sensitivity setting for when other welders are working nearby. More versatility, greater optimization and more user satisfaction
Viewing Size: 2.8" x 4.2", Total area: 12.11 sq. in.
Speedglas 9100 Helmet Features
- The helmet is made from a lightweight, but durable material that meets the mechanical strength requirements of EN 1 levelBand ANSI Z8 .1- 00 .
- SideWindows: Exclusive, patented shade filters that widen your field of vision. SideWindows enable you to be more aware of nearby moving machinery, tools and other peripheral hazards. The helmet is available with or without SideWindows; welders can also use removable cover plates for when peripheral vision would be distracting
- Heat reflecting silver front.
- The patented ¹breathability design has been updated to more efficiently direct exhaled air out of the helmet. The result is reduced fogging of the welding filter and reduced build-up of heat, moisture and stale air within the helmet.
Speedglas 9100 Headgear Features
- Working with medical experts, we mapped out the vulnerable areas of the head and avoided them with our new head suspension design. Then, we created a design that better cradles the head. As a result, you do not need to tighten the headband as much as you do on conventional headbands to firmly hold the helmet on your head.
- Feedback from professional welders lead us to research ways to further reduce the possibility of neck strain. Our answer was: reduce strain on the neck by reducing the static and dynamic loads. From a helmet design standpoint, that means keeping the helmet as close as possible to the head. By lowering the pivot point to just above your ears, the helmet stays as close as possible to the top of your head when in the up position. In essence, weve shortened the length of the ¹lever to help reduce forces on your neck muscles.
Speedglas 9100XX Cartridge Features
- There are seven dark shade settings to choose from: shade 5 for gas welding/cutting and shade 8 for micro-plasma and low amp TIG welding as well as variable dark shades of 9 to 13. If needed, you also have the option to lock-in your shade, including the light state (shade 3) for grinding. A patented comfort mode for tack welding helps to reduce eye fatigue resulting from the eye constantly adjusting to differing light levels
- The ¹tack welding comfort mode uses an intermediate light state (shade ). If a follow-up arc is not struck within two seconds, the welding filter switches to the normal light state (shade ). The comfort mode may help reduce eye fatigue resulting from the eye constantly needing to adjust to differing light levels during tack welding.
- Magnification made easy. The new magnifying lens holder, on the inside face of the welding helmet, makes lens installation easier and more adjustable.
- Conforms to ANSI Z8 .1- 00 and CSA Z9 . - 00 for eye and face protection.
Included with Product
Speedglas™ 9100 welding helmet with 9100XX auto darkening lens
Side Windows with removable covers
Speedglas™ Helmet storage bag
Speedglas™ welding cap (bandana style)
5 Outside protection plates
3 Inside protection plates
Original price $33.00Current price $26.99
Description The 3M Peltor Welding Helmet Earmuff H505B features a low-profiledesign that fits comfortably under most welding helmets, as well as as...View full details
Original price $50.17Current price $40.80
Description The Speedglas Hardhat Adapter 06-0014-00NR helps attach the Speedglas 9100 Series welding helmets to all major brands of slotted and no...View full details
Original price $25.72Current price $21.42
Description The Speedglas 9100V starter kit includes 5 outside protection plates, 2 "v-size" inside protection plates and a sweatband. Starter ki...View full details
DescriptionPlastic Magnifier Plate 2 in x 4.25 in diopter strength ranging from .75 to 2.25 in .25 increments. Allows user to see work-piece clear...View full details